Our most popular barrel sauna, the Gothenburg strikes the perfect balance between size, elegance, and efficiency. The cylindrical shape is perfect for saunas, requiring less time and energy to heat vs square structures since it ensures continual air circulation. With its beautiful thermo-treated wood, it’s ideally suited to any climate and can be used year-round with minimal maintenance. Measuring 3.3m in length The Gothenburg can fit up to 6 people and includes a comfortable changing room and terrace with benches with the option to upgrade the front and rear walls to glazing if preferred.
Gothenburg Wooden Barrel Sauna for 6 people
From: 5,450 €
This flat-packed wooden barrel sauna is a more spacious take on the classic barrel sauna, accommodating up to 6 people. The rounded shape ensures excellent air circulation making for the perfect sauna experience. It can be efficiently heated using an electric or wood-fired stove.
42mm thermo-treated pine throughout. The interior partition wall (and back wall, when wooden) consists of 28mm thermo-treated pine.
Fireproof Minerit board underneath the stone heater and back wall* of the heater
Sauna bench, wooden backrests and floor grates.
The standard model comes with a lockable wooden front door with glass panel insert. The internal door is made from 8mm toughened bronze glass, with a 44 x 44mm spruce frame.
When a glass front wall is selected, the front door is fully-glazed 8mm toughened bronze glass.
Bitumen shingles (available in black, brown, grey, red or green).
The standard model comes with two front windows (one operable and one fixed). Optional upgrades include half or full “moon” glazing to the back wall, and a fully-glazed front wall.
Wooden feet, wooden stove guard, 3x tensioning straps, and all necessary assembly materials such as screws, nails & glue. Tools excluded. Vent supplied with wooden back wall model only.
Choosing an appropriate heater for your new sauna can seem daunting since there are so many fuels, models and power outputs to consider. Here at Neptune, we’ve done the hard part for you, and can recommend appropriate heaters for your sauna, from trusted brands. A key consideration is whether or not you will be able to either burn wood in your garden, or if you’ll have the ability to cable For our Gothenburg Barrel Sauna, we’d recommend one of the following:
- Harvia BC80 Electric 9kW Heater A perfect all-rounder electric stove, when wood burning is not an option, or if you simply prefer the convenience of an electric heater. The BC80 comes with stones and efficiently heats the Gothenburg.
- Harvia M3 wood-burning stove The Harvia M3 wood-burning stove, is our most popular pairing with the Gothenburg sauna. This traditional stove, comes with stones and a chimney.
- HUUM Drop Electric 9kW Heater with WIFI remote and stones The iconic HUUM drop is an award-winning design, inspired by nature. This beautiful wall-hung unit comes with the stones and WIFI UKU controller. Please note that since this is a wall-hung unit, we don’t advise pairing this with a full-moon back wall.
Accessories & Extras
For bespoke enquiries or fully assembled saunas, simply contact our helpful team. Choose from a range of extras including heaters from our carefully selected partners:
- Half-moon or full-moon glass back wall or half/fully glazed front
- Stainless steel chimney
- Above the heater 30L water tank
- Integrated LED lighting throughout interior and exterior (terrace)
- Stereo system – (radio, Bluetooth, USB, AUX, speakers, antenna).
- Exterior finish using Sikkens glaze
- Interior finish using Tikkurila Sauna Supi
- Under-bench LED lighting strips
- LED-lit sauna bucket
- Fixed windows to rear wall with wooden back
- Optional exterior terrace
*excluded on fully glazed rear wall models